Energy technicians require specific skills, abilities and knowledge to do their jobs effectively. Because energy technicians work with flammable and potentially dangerous substances, they must place high value on safety and quality assurance by monitoring themselves, others, products and processes.
- Know chemical properties and processes
- Concentrate on a task without being distracted
- Identify, analyze, and solve complex problems
- Knowledge of materials, processes, and systems
- Commitment to safety, quality, and precision