Commonly Performed Tasks
There are many tasks that electronics engineering technologists perform regularly. They diagnose, test, and analyze the performance of electrical components, assemblies, or systems, review engineering plans to ensure adherence to specifications and compliance with applicable electrical codes and standards, and calculate design specifications. They also maintain records and set up and operate equipment.
- Diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electrical components, assemblies, or systems
- Review electrical engineering plans to ensure adherence to specifications, codes, and standards
- Calculate specifications or cost, material, and resource estimates and prepare schedules and budgets
- Compile and maintain records documenting engineering schematics, installed equipment, repairs, etc.
- Set up and operate standard or specialized testing equipment