Commonly Performed Tasks
There are many tasks that electrical engineering technicians perform regularly. They assemble systems and prototypes; build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair electrical instruments or testing equipment; and inspect projects for quality control. They also identify solutions to electrical problems, as well as collaborating with other employees to identify, define, or solve developmental problems.
- Assemble electrical systems or prototypes, using hand tools and measuring instruments
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot, or repair electrical instruments or testing equipment
- Inspect electrical project work for quality control and assurance
- Identify solutions to on-site technical design problems involving electrical systems equipment
- Collaborate with electrical engineers or others to identify, define, and solve problems