Computer numerically controlled tool programmers require specific skills, abilities, and knowledge to do their jobs effectively. They must be able to program equipment, monitor themselves, others, and organizations and apply corrective actions when necessary. Because they regularly solve problems, they need to be creative and analytical thinkers.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and softward
- Concentrate on a task without being distracted
- Effective oral and written communication
- Knowledge of machines, tools, and materials
- Identify, analyze, and solve complex problems